Call: (707) 570-0555 | Email: info@cleancrawlspace.com

restoration clean up

The Dangers of Mold Toxicity

Mold

Did you know that mold can live and thrive in your body and make you sick? As referenced in recent articles, mold is highly toxic and can cause quite a few negative health reactions; although some individuals are more susceptible to having an adverse reaction to mold, such as those with allergies or asthma, there is also such thing as ‘mold illness,’ which is a type of biotoxin illness called Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS). Regardless of the type or severity of response, mold is a toxin and we do not want toxins in our bodies. The experts with the National Integrated Health Associates list the primary symptoms of CIRS, which again are associated with mold illness. These include:

  • Eyes/Ears/Nose/Throat Symptoms
  • Musculoskeletal Symptoms
  • Lungs/Heart Symptoms
  • Digestive/Liver/Urinary Symptoms
  • Nervous/Endocrine/Immune Symptoms
  • Skin Symptoms
  • Extremities
Surviving Mold explains why this type of reaction sometimes happens: Every person’s innate immune system is personal and genetically coded – thus, it works differently for each of us. When the body is faced with a foreign substance, it immediately begins to process that substance – recognize it, determine if it is good or bad, a friend or a foe, and throw it into the antigen presenting machinery that will normally generate an effective antibody response. If the body determines the substance is a foe, it will develop antibodies to bind these substances, called antigens. Normally the next time a non-mold susceptible person walks into a water-damaged building, his antibodies will target the antigen and clear it out fast. That protection from so-called acquired immune responses just doesn’t happen in mold patients. What should individuals do if they suspect that they have a high level of mold toxicity in their system and are experiencing symptoms? First and foremost, contact your doctor. Your primary may refer you to an allergist, so if your insurance allows, give them a call and speak to someone to schedule an appointment. They will indeed want to know your symptoms and what you think brought them on. If you are experiencing mold illness, then you have a mold problem somewhere in your home or where you work. Unfortunately, technology continues to be limited and mold toxicity is often difficult to determine; doctors will typically perform a skin, blood, or urine test. Even though there is a lot of information online about how to naturally (DIY) cleanse your body of certain toxins, it is best to heed an actual doctor’s advice. One very important thing you need to do ASAP if you test positive for mold toxicity is to get out of the environment that has the mold and call professionals and inspect and clean. Do not try to clean it yourself, especially if you are sick. Dealing with mold is no joke. Has your home recently suffered from water damage or an infestation of mold due to excess moisture? Do you need help from a restoration specialist to determine if you have a mold problem? Don’t worry—Restoration Certified Specialists, Inc. will take care of you! They have been proudly serving the Santa Rosa and North Bay areas since 1975.

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *